I wrote this mashup application for my book originally but extended it during the Easter holiday weekend, spruced it up and made it more user-friendly (I hope) and changed it name to City360. The whole idea behind this app is to provide everything that you want to know about a city (hence 360 degree view on the city — corny name, I know).
So far what it can do is:
- Locate for you in an online map where the city is
- Give you information on nearby places of interest (click on the link and it will be shown on the map!)
- Tells you about the available hotels in the vicinity of the city
- Forecasts today’s and the next few day’s weather in that city
- Shows a mosaic of pictures taken by people on the Web, associated with this city (click on the picture to popup a bigger pic)
- Lets you convert your local currency to the city’s currency
- Tells you the current time at the city and compares it with your current location
Check it out at http://city360.saush.net
Let me know what else you think can improve this app!