Voyer’s Cat

Posted in Origami by sausheong on October 6, 2006

This is the folding of a cat originally folded by J. Anibal Voyer Iniesta. I folded it in about 30 minutes with a single piece of square paper originating from an A4 sized sheet of paper. I couldn’t quite get the face properly though.
Voyer's Cat

Origami is quite relaxing actually — it helps to keep the hand and the mind busy on a single task, which comes to think about it, is quite a lot like meditation. After the folding you get a sense of achievement of creating something that looks like nothing of the original.

1. choonkeat said, on October 7, 2006 at 1:04 am

very kewl. keep posting these!

perhaps we could do the origami in the next sg.rb thing.. heh

2. sausheong said, on October 7, 2006 at 1:51 am

Then it’ll be sg.origami and not sg.rb ;)

3. choonkeat said, on October 8, 2006 at 1:42 am

oh, and this might interest u

4. sausheong said, on October 8, 2006 at 9:39 am

Amazing! I didn’t realize anyone made origami for a film, much less an animation that was nominated at the Cannes Film Festival :)

5. Ivan said, on November 23, 2008 at 4:57 am

Hi :]
    I know this is kinda old and by now you may not even remember how this works, but I’ve been stuck on the cat for some time now. Somehow I can’t figure out what to do in step 12. Could you, by any chance, give me a hint, please?
    Thank you in advance! :]

6. Ivan said, on November 23, 2008 at 5:23 am

Sorry to have bothered you :] It just worked out :]]]
    Let’s see how it’ll go from here, though. Thank you, anyway. Maybe you did help, somehow ;]

7. Leonel Mcneil said, on December 20, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I tried four times over the last few days to access your site. Are you having problems with hosting? Is it my Internet connection?